Translation quality check

From: Andreas Pflug <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Translation quality check
Date: 2004-10-03 13:17:31
Lists: pgadmin-hackers
Reviewing the translations, I found that the automatic merge process may
introduce errors that might hurt us. Sometimes the fuzzy logic assigns
strings that are not only misleading but may lead to a crashing app,
because the translated string includes a %s or so, while the original
doesn't. This is easily detectable, when the *.mo writing is done by the
committer, because poedit 1.25 and up will complain in this situation.
The debian 1.25 version will also highlight the string, 1.31 win32 won't.

The "last translator" information will be lost in this case, but I don't
care too much about that; translator credits are in the docs anyway.

Regards,
Andreas

pgadmin-hackers by date

Next:From: WeipingDate: 2004-10-03 15:36:09