pg_restore / psql -f massive problems with copy from ...

From: Harald Armin Massa <ghum(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: pg_restore / psql -f massive problems with copy from ...
Date: 2004-10-03 08:55:29
Lists: pgsql-hackers-win32
I skimmed it in the mailing list, there were some references that
pg_restore is not working within win32 yet.

Question: is this a known - and - workedon - issue?

Concrete problems:

a) pg_restore -f <filename> ends with "Archiver could not open.." abort
b) when pg_dumping to SQL, psql -f <filename> is able to read the dump

*untill*  it get's to one copy -statement to read in data. After that,
the rest of the file is sucked in.... it does not end at the
stop-Characters.

Skimming the fixes from beta-2 to beta-3 I could not detect any
development besides some translations and some rights-fixes in the main
trunc.

So: are this bugs known? Is it a "singular happening" Can I provide more
details? I suggest it is of mission critical importance to have the
ability to DUMP and RESTORE a database, isn't it?

Harald

pgsql-hackers-win32 by date