obscure plperl bug

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: obscure plperl bug
Date: 2004-09-30 22:46:54
Lists: pgsql-hackers
While trying to fix a problem for David Fetter, I found this rather
obscure plperl bug. It occurs, I think, in these 2 lines in
plperl.c::plperl_get_elem():

    if (hv_exists_ent(hash, eval_pv(key, TRUE), FALSE))
        svp = hv_fetch(hash, key, strlen(key), FALSE);

This works except where key is the name of a perl builtin function, when
it comprehensively breaks, because instead of treating it as a string
perl will return the value of the function from eval_pv(). I hope to
have a solution soon, but meanwhile it needs to go on the open items list.

cheers

andrew

pgsql-hackers by date

Next:From: Joe ConwayDate: 2004-09-30 22:56:02