Re: odbc with PostgreSQL 8.0 & Delphi

From: "Gary Doades" <gpd(at)gpdnet(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: odbc with PostgreSQL 8.0 & Delphi
Date: 2004-09-27 06:37:54
Lists: pgsql-odbc
On 24 Sep 2004 at 10:57, Melanie Bergeron wrote:

> Hi all
>
> I recently migrated to PostgreSQL 8.0 but I have now a problem acessing
> database through Delphi with psql-odbc.  When I try to access any string
> value, I always get an error (EDatabaseError).  My settings for the
> DataSource are the following :
>
> --------------------------------------
> Disable Genetic Optimizer: on
> KSQO : on
> Recognize unique index : on
> Text as LongVarChar : on
> Unknown as LongVarChar : on
> Bool as Char : on
> Max VarChar: 254
> Cache Size : 100
> Max LongVarChar : 8190
> SysTables Prefixes : dd_
> LF <-> CRLF conversion : on
> Updatable cursors: on
> Int8 as : default
> Protocol : 7.X, 6.4+
> Anything else : off

Looks like the default stuff. What version of the ODBC driver do you
have? Have you tried an ODBC trace? This would most likely tell you of
the driver had get any errors from the back-end and what ODBC
function call was involved in the error.

Failing that you could try the drivers own "mylog" trace output to see if
that helps.

Cheers,
Gary.