Re: Installation troubles on Redhat V 8.0

From: Kaloyan Iliev Iliev <news1(at)faith(dot)digsys(dot)bg>
To: Wayne Unruh <waynepunruh(at)hotmail(dot)com>, pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Installation troubles on Redhat V 8.0
Date: 2004-09-26 09:04:44
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hi,
Very soon I have the same problem on Mandrake 10.0.
If you search the novice list you will find the answers I get.
Also I solve the problem by searching for the library -
libreadline4-devel-4.3-7.mdk. I suppose the 'mdk' ending is specifik for
Mandrake but this is some kind of a package. Look for something similar
on your distribution.
You can avoid this problem by telling configure not to use readline but
then psql behave terrible.

Regards
Kaloyan Iliev