Re: books/sites for someone really learning PG's advanced

From: Paul Tillotson <pntil(at)shentel(dot)net>
To: Miles Keaton <mileskeaton(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: books/sites for someone really learning PG's advanced
Date: 2004-09-24 18:39:11
Lists: pgsql-general

(Just like someone else also commented), I was in a situation like
yours, and I found the postgres online documentation quite helpful. I
wouldn't read it cover-to-cover yet, but eventually you will want to
read every part of it.

Here is what I found particular helpful at the start:

SQL commands:

Concurrency control:

Note that the section on triggers is a bit sparse, but you can see alot
of examples of triggers and their use by looking through the various
pages about pl/pgsql, pl/perl, etc. (which follow the section about

Paul Tillotson