Re: error in cygwin - please help me

From: Reini Urban <rurban(at)x-ray(dot)at>
To: "Mike G(dot)" <mike(at)thegodshalls(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: error in cygwin - please help me
Date: 2004-09-24 09:42:05
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

Mike G. schrieb:
>>I ´ve got some problems with cygwin. Let me explain:
>>
>>I run the ipc-daemon and type the command:
>>$ initdb -D /var/psql .
>>The message showed is the following:
>>

>>The files belonging to this database system will be owned by user "caroline".
>>This user must also own the server process.
>>
>>The database cluster will be initialized with locale C.
>>
>>fixing permissions on existing directory /var/psql... ok
>>creating directory /var/psql/base.. ok
>>creating directory /var/psql/global.. ok
>>creating directory /var/psql/pg_xlog.. ok
>>creating directory /var/psql/pg_clog.. ok
>>selecting defaulr max_connections... Signal 12
>>Signal 12
>>Signal 12
>>Signal 12
>>Signal 12
>>Signal 12
>>10

these signals (aborts) are okay: it tries to find the max_connections
settings the hard way, until it works. it found 10 is okay for you.

>>slecting default shared_buffers... Signal 12
>>Signal 12
>>Signal 12
>>Signal 12
>>Signal 12
>>Signal 12
>>Signal 12
>>Signal 12
>>Signal 12
>>Signal 12
>>Signal 12
>>50

same as above, 50 buffers are found to be good for you.

>>creating configuration files... ok
>>creating template1 database in /var/psql/base/1... Signal 12

this is a real unexpected error. typically some file permission problem.
pid file, logfile, sock file

--
Reini Urban
http://xarch.tu-graz.ac.at/home/rurban/