Re: Mac Language and _()

From: Andreas Pflug <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>
To: "Adam H(dot)Pendleton" <fmonkey(at)fmonkey(dot)net>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Mac Language and _()
Date: 2004-09-21 17:30:51
Lists: pgadmin-hackers
Adam H.Pendleton wrote:
> I've isolated the pgAdmin3 crash on Mac:
>
> listViews->AddPage(properties, _("Properties"));        // NBP_PROPERTIES
>
> This fails, but this:
>
> listViews->AddPage(properties, wxT("Properties"));        // NBP_PROPERTIES
>
> succeeds, so clearly there is something amiss with the
> unicode/translation stuff.  It probably has something to do with the
> fact that pgAdmin3 thinks I'm Chinese.  I'm not sure what to do
> next...any ideas?

Maybe your mac detects the missing the slant eyes :-)

First you can remove language files, in that case it should fall back to
english.

Still, in any case a wrong/missing translation may not result in an
invalid string, apparently that's what's happening.

It might be quite hard to locate this with pgadmin sources. AFAIR
there's a locale sample in wx, can you try that?

Regards,
Andreas