ORDER BY and NULLs

From: T E Schmitz <mailreg(at)numerixtechnology(dot)de>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: ORDER BY and NULLs
Date: 2004-09-19 14:57:33
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hello,

I am using PostgreSQL 7.4.2 and as I understand NULL values always sort
last.

However, I have a table from which select using two numerical sort keys
"FROM" and "TO". "TO" might be NULL and I would like to display those
rows first (without sorting the column in descending order).

Is there any way this can be achieved without inserting bogus values
into that column?

--

Regards/Gruß,

Tarlika Elisabeth Schmitz