some questions : psql

From: "FERREIRA, William (COFRAMI)" <william(dot)ferreira(at)airbus(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: some questions : psql
Date: 2005-05-03 11:45:57
Lists: pgsql-general

hi,

i have some questions about psql.
i'm trying to write a script for deploying my database and i have some questions :
1- is it possible to set a default schema ?
i tried : set DEFAULT SCHEMA base1; but it didn't worked

2- is it possible to have one file with global values and to use them when creating functions.
one example is : i have a temporary directory, and several functions need to access this folder, so is it possible to pass the path as with Oracle
DEFINE TempDirectory = /home/....
@createMDNS.sql &TempDirectory

3- my psql script create 2 tablespaces, an user, the database, 1 schema and the tables and functions
but when i launch pgadmin, i see my new user, the tablespace and the database, but I don't see the schema and in consequence the tables and functions.
but all have been created because i can ask tables, but they don't appear and i don't know why...;

thank a lot
regards

Will

This e-mail is intended only for the above addressee. It may contain
privileged information. If you are not the addressee you must not copy,
distribute, disclose or use any of the information in it. If you have
received it in error please delete it and immediately notify the sender.
Security Notice: all e-mail, sent to or from this address, may be
accessed by someone other than the recipient, for system management and
security reasons. This access is controlled under Regulation of
Investigatory Powers Act 2000, Lawful Business Practises.