Issues regarding code license of ported code.

From: "Francisco Figueiredo Jr(dot)" <fxjrlists(at)yahoo(dot)com(dot)br>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Issues regarding code license of ported code.
Date: 2004-09-18 14:30:45
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Hi all,

My name is Francisco Figueiredo Jr.

I'm one of the maintainers of Npgsql, .Net Data Provider for postgresql.

Some time ago I received a patch to Npgsql to add support for large
objects. The patch was mainly a port of the large object support code of
jdbc.

I'd like to know how I could integrate this code as Npgsql is licensed
under LGPL.

I mean, can the ported code be licensed under LGPL and keeping a note
about being derivative work of your BSD code? Or can I just mix the two
licenses? Or something else?

Also, I think this ported code will receive some modifications to be
integrated into current Npgsql architecture. What do I do with the
splitted code? How do I put a notice about this ported code which is
being used? I put a messega in header like that: "This code uses ported
code from jdbc driver" ??

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Francisco Figueiredo Jr.