Can't change server Initial DB property // Refresh server properties

From: Ted Taylor <ted(at)3shmoos(dot)ca>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Can't change server Initial DB property // Refresh server properties
Date: 2004-09-18 01:07:44
Lists: pgadmin-support

I am running the snapshot "Version 1.2.0 Post Beta 1 (Sep 17 2004)" on
Windows 2000, fully patched at Windows Update. The backend is
PostgreSQL 7.4.5 on Fedora Core 2 (select version() reports "PostgreSQL
7.4.5 on i686-redhat-linux-gnu, compiled by GCC gcc (GCC) 3.3.3 20040412
(Red Hat Linux 3.3.3-7)".

I have previously created a valid connection to a server in pgAdmin 3.
I want to change the properties of the connection (not delete and re-add).

From a fresh pgAdmin3 launch (all servers have the red X thru them,
indicating not connected); right-click on the server name, choose
properties. On the properties window, I change the "Initial DB" from
what was originally set up, to a new valid database name (I have to type
the database name in because I'm not connected).

The OK button does not light up, so I cannot save this change.

I get fancy and change the port number (the Initial DB is still showing
the new database name that I typed) -- the OK button lights up so I
click it. No errors. I re-right-click on the server, choose
properties. On the properties window, the new port number is showing,
but still the old Initial DB.

Oh, and a different bug I JUST discovered...the navigation window on the
left hand side still shows me the old port number, although obviously it
has changed because it shows on the popup properties window.

Thanks,
Ted.