Re: Access export overflow

From: Mike Miller <mike(at)psy(dot)otago(dot)ac(dot)nz>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Access export overflow
Date: 2004-09-16 21:07:20
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Hello,

My best guess is that there is nothing actually wrong with the internal
workings of access, odbc driver and postgresql. You problem might be
that one of the rows you are trying to export contains a value that is
too big for the field you are trying to insert it into. Perhaps you
should check your data definitions and make sure you have specified the
correct scale and precision on any numeric (decimal) fields. The same
goes for varchar, integers, etc.

Access tends to throw back cryptic error messages at you and in my
(humble) experience it has always been a datatyping error or a foreign
key constraint that I have broken, but this may not be the case for you.
YMMV.

Maybe it helps, maybe it doesn't, but it's something for you to think about.

Good luck,

Mike.