Re: Latest ODBC Driver "unstable"

From: "Gary Doades" <gpd(at)gpdnet(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Latest ODBC Driver "unstable"
Date: 2004-09-15 20:17:48
Lists: pgsql-odbc
On 15 Sep 2004 at 21:00, Dave Page wrote:

> 07.03.0200 is the current stable version. Anything newer is a
> development snapshot and has never been advertised as anything else.
>
> Regards, Dave.

That's fine, I understand that. It's just that 7.5.02 is being installed with
the Windows binary installer along with 8.0 beta. If someone were
available to process the problems then I would say let it be fixed along
with the main beta cycle, but given your recent comments is that going
to happen?

All I was trying to say is that if no-one is currently available to fix the
7.5.02 problems then it may be better to just distribute the 7.3.2 build
along with the Windows beta. At least folks new to PostgreSQL will only
have to deal with one potential set of problems in the short term. There
appears to be enough people to fix the backend/psql/pgadmin problems
promptly.

Once the beta for the main PostgreSQL is over then the process of
tackling the ODBC driver can begin.

Cheers,
Gary.