Bug in boolean columns on win2k

From: Mads Peter Henderson <mads(dot)henderson(at)tietoenator(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Bug in boolean columns on win2k
Date: 2004-09-14 07:01:05
Lists: pgsql-bugs

I have a table with the following column,
from psql \d:
showemail | boolean |

When I try to insert data data into this through jdbc, I get the
following error:
java.sql.SQLException: ERROR: column "showemail" is of type boolean but
expression is of type text
at
org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.receiveErrorResponse(QueryEx
ecutorImpl.java:1130)
at
org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.processResults(QueryExecutor
Impl.java:933)
at
org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.execute(QueryExecutorImpl.ja
va:139)
at
org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.execute(AbstractJdbc2Stat
ement.java:346)
at
org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.executeWithFlags(Abstract
Jdbc2Statement.java:294)
at
org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.executeUpdate(AbstractJdb
c2Statement.java:249)

My environment:
postgreSQL 8.0-beta2-dev3
Win2k sp4 professional
jdbc driver: pgdev.305.jdbc3
java version: 1.4

The error also occured in beta1.

The following statement executed from psql works as expected:

insert into mytable (showemail) values ('true');

--
Thanks
Mads Peter Henderson