timestamp precision

From: A Gilmore <agilmore(at)shaw(dot)ca>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: timestamp precision
Date: 2004-09-13 07:19:26
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hello,

Im using the default precision for my timestamps, 6. Is it safe to
declare this column unique? Because you can define the level of
precision I assume you could theoretically have a duplicate. Or does a
precision of 6 give you an accuracy at the point where pgsql could never
do 2 transactions in the given timestamp time span?

I likely could have written this better, I hope its understandable.

Thank you in advance.

A Gilmore