Re: create unique index schema.index_name on table (column)?

From: mØntar3 <m0ntar3(at)cox(dot)net>
To: Michael Glaesemann <grzm(at)myrealbox(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: create unique index schema.index_name on table (column)?
Date: 2004-09-12 20:33:38
Lists: pgsql-sql
I'm working with a closed source application that reads an ASCII file
and as it does it (via ODBC) creates tables and indexes, inserting as it
goes. Like so:

CREATE TABLE bgsuser.CAXCTRLD ( CTRLS INTEGER, INTVL INTEGER);
CREATE UNIQUE INDEX bgsuser.PRIMARY_CAXCTRLD ON bgsuser.CAXCTRLD
(CTRLS,INTVL);
INSERT ...
INSERT ...

The application is designed to work through ODBC and psqlODBC does a
great job. My problem is the username (schema qualifier) on the create
index statement. I've decided it's easiest to copy/paste/modify the
create statements from the ODBC trace logs.. oh, well.