Re: your posting

From: Robert Bernier <robert(dot)bernier5(at)sympatico(dot)ca>
To: PostgreSQL Advocacy <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: your posting
Date: 2004-09-09 01:36:17
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

Guys,

I've got an announcement that might interest the community at
large and to you guys who know me in particular.
I've been contracted by SRA-America to do some free-lance
writing. The company is getting documentation that it can use and
is also giving back to the community by allowing me to make my
writings available for everbody. The company is providing a
different kind of support that the Pg community is not used to
seeing i.e. documentation. We're looking at creating a newsletter
on the site: the newsletter concept is still under development
but some of the ideas kicking around is to make it into a
type of online magazine dedicated to PostgreSQL. It would include
howto's, interviews and news. It could include articles from a
number of sources, such as you.

I welcome any and all responses to this thread concerning the
newsletter idea. A lot of people have worked hard creating their
own internet presence over the last while, and you know who you
are! I want to work with you and I think we may finally now have
the resources to creating a large scale documentation
infrastructure. Programming isn't the only way to support
postgres, OSCON was the success it was because we talked up a
storm.