Re: problem with mkMakefile.tcldefs.sh if USE_TCL=false

From: jmoschet(at)netscape(dot)net
To: peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net
Cc: jmoschet(at)netscape(dot)net, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: problem with mkMakefile.tcldefs.sh if USE_TCL=false
Date: 2001-01-04 18:01:48
Lists: pgsql-admin pgsql-general pgsql-hackers

How is that a lie? This isn't the case with --with-perl. Perl interface
still builds fine if you leave out --with-perl and decide to add it later.

It's simply that configure created the makefile either way, --with-tcl option
or without. It was just a request to be consistent, or do nothing at all.

The documentation in the directory mentions nothiong about having to had
specify --with-tcl for the pltcl to build.

Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net> wrote:

> jmoschet(at)netscape(dot)net writes:
>
> > But the tcl build fails and I think it is because configure creates an
> > erroneous mkMakefile.tcldefs.sh unless USE_TCL is defined.
>
> > Just a note for something that may need to be repaired so tcl can be added
> > after an initial postgres build w/o having to re configure and reinstall ?
>
> Lying to configure is not supported. If you change your mind about the
> options then you need to rerun it.
>
> --
> Peter Eisentraut peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net http://yi.org/peter-e/

Get your own FREE, personal Netscape Webmail account today at
http://webmail.netscape.com/