Re: Create Linux Script for PostgreSQL database backup

From: Naomi Walker <nwalke(at)eldocomp(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "nwalker(at)eldocomp(dot)com" <nwalker(at)eldocomp(dot)com>, Christopher Browne <cbbrowne(at)acm(dot)org>, "pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Create Linux Script for PostgreSQL database backup
Date: 2004-09-02 17:36:41
Lists: pgsql-admin

Tom Lane wrote:

>Naomi Walker <nwalke(at)eldocomp(dot)com> writes:

>>>You don't have to if you put it in $HOME/.pgpass; see the
>>>documentation for the format of that file...
>>>

>>True, but I see that as a *big* security hole.
>>

>As opposed to putting it in the script file? Surely you jest.
>
> regards, tom lane

Anything would plain text would be a problem. Isnt .pgpass plain text?

Naomi Walker Chief Information Officer
Eldorado Computing, Inc. nwalker(at)eldocomp(dot)com 602-604-3100
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make
mistakes. -Mahatma Gandhi

-- CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE --

This message is intended for the sole use of the individual and entity to whom it is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended addressee, nor authorized to receive for the intended addressee, you are hereby notified that you may not use, copy, disclose or distribute to anyone the message or any information contained in the message. If you have received this message in error, please immediately advise the sender by reply email, and delete the message. Thank you.