Re: Small problem with PlaceHolderVar mechanism

From: Greg Stark <stark(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Small problem with PlaceHolderVar mechanism
Date: 2009-04-28 15:47:09
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 4:41 PM, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> wrote:
> Another place where planner regression tests might've helped :-(

I would suggest we start gathering up such tests in an sql file now
and worry about how to compare the output later. There are a lot of
people who can put together some perl hackery to filter the results
but only a relatively few people who can design good targeted sql
tests.

And later we can always reuse the same sql tests with equivalent xml
hackery to filter the desired features or whatever other interface we
come up with.

--
greg