Re: drop if exists

From: "Andrew Dunstan" <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: <chriskl(at)familyhealth(dot)com(dot)au>
Cc: <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: drop if exists
Date: 2005-11-17 02:34:08
Lists: pgsql-patches
Christopher Kings-Lynne said:
> Will we get this functionality for ALL objects?

The patch does these: table, view, index, sequence, schema, type, domain,
and conversion. The reason is that these are all dealt with using the same
bit of the grammar, and the first 4 are pretty much completely done by the
same code.

I think anything else will have to be done individually, although the
pattern can be copied.

Perhaps we should take bids on what should/should not be covered.

cheers

andrew