European dates with Win32 version

From: "Raymond O'Donnell" <rod(at)iol(dot)ie>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: European dates with Win32 version
Date: 2004-08-30 12:00:48
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi all,

This is probably a silly question, but.......how do I get European-
style dates with 8.0 for Win32?

I'm running on XP Pro, and I've tried adding -o "-o -e" to the pg_ctl
command line (as one would on Linux) - I had to edit the registry to
insert it at the end of the command line. However, the service falls
over with the following in the event log:

pg_ctl.exe: invalid option (null)

I also tried putting the same options in the "start parameters" part
of the properties sheet for the PostgreSQL service, but while the
service started without problem it made no difference to the date
output.

Any help will be appreciated.

--Ray O'Donnell

Raymond O'Donnell http://www.galwaycathedral.org/recitals
rod(at)iol(dot)ie Galway Cathedral Recitals