Re: postgresql-7.4.5-1 ready for review

From: Reini Urban <rurban(at)x-ray(dot)at>
To: Kumar Pandey <kpandeyktm(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: postgresql-7.4.5-1 ready for review
Date: 2004-08-28 10:09:13
Lists: pgsql-cygwin
Kumar Pandey schrieb:
>>ok, postgresql-7.4.5-1 is ready.
>>(untested)

> Sorry for this question but I'm new to the list so
> wanted to get a feel before I make design changes due
> to not being able to run plperl in 7.4.3-1.

did 7.4.3 work for you? stay there then, with the old perl.

> So what are the next steps and timeline before we get
> to install 7.4.5.-1 via cygwin?

we have to find and fix the ipc bugs.

BTW:
The new 8 release will come with it's own ipc lib and is much better
supported on Win32. The new beta2 will arrive on monday.
No native threads as with apache2, but still better.

I worked on the 8.0.0-beta1 this week, Jason did the 7.4.5 release.
Unfortunately the test cases didn't catch the plperl errors.
We hope to get that to the regression test suite also, so it will be
caught upstream also.
--
Reini Urban
http://xarch.tu-graz.ac.at/home/rurban/