Re: Back on track -- 8.0 Press Release

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: josh(at)bitbuckets(dot)com, josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com,pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Back on track -- 8.0 Press Release
Date: 2004-08-27 23:12:38
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

> "Along with the new features come some new addins:
>
>     - Slony-I, an OSS replication system funded by domain registry
>           Afilias
>     - PL/PerlNG and PL/Java, new server programming languages
>           sponsored by Command Prompt, Inc."
>
> The original wording just seemed to blur it too much ... I think ...

Well the only problem there is that we didn't have anything to do with
plJava..
I do definately appreciate the mention though. CMD is plPHP and plPerl.

So maybe:

-plPerlNG, plPHP sponsored by Command Prompt, Inc. as well as
plJava and the .Net provider Npgsql.

I threw the .Net thing in there because I get a LOT of people calling me
about it and they don't even know it exists.

Just a though.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake