Re: Cannot Create tables - on Windows XP

From: ishaame(at)bluewin(dot)ch
To: "Michael Glaesemann" <grzm(at)myrealbox(dot)com>,pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Cannot Create tables - on Windows XP
Date: 2004-10-27 09:33:29
Lists: pgsql-novice
I think I had syntax  wrong while creating a table under psql. Now I have
managed to create a table. But the problem persists under pgAdminIII. Here
is the SQL created by pgAdminIII when attempting to create a table under

   "Neno" "char"(50),
   "Neno_Asilia" "char"(50) NOT NULL,
   "Lugha_ya_Neno" "char"(20) NOT NULL,
   "Tafsiri_Neno" "char"(60),
   "Lugha_ya_Tafsiri" "char"(20)
ALTER TABLE "Maneno" OWNER TO ibrahim;

Unfortunately I cannot edit the  created SQL

Michael Glaesemann wrote:

> On Oct 27, 2004, at 3:46 PM, ishaame(at)bluewin(dot)ch wrote:
>> I have installed Postgresql 8 beta3 on my windows machine, and everytime
>> I issue a commond to create a table I get  this message "Error: syntax
>> at or near "(" "  I get this message in both pgsql and pgAdminIII.
>> Could anyone out there help.
> I'm willing to help, but without seeing the actual command you're using
to try to create a table, it's really hard. Could you show a complete example
of what you're doing?
> Michael
> Michael Glaesemann
> grzm myrealbox com