pg_dump and pg_restore in batch scripts

From: Tim Penhey <tim(at)penhey(dot)net>
To: pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: pg_dump and pg_restore in batch scripts
Date: 2004-08-24 21:03:42
Lists: pgsql-hackers-win32
I read somewhere an example of how to do pg_dump and pg_restore on *nix
so as to not have it ask for a password, but is there any way in the
Win32 environment to do this?

What I am actually trying to do is to get a java servlet to execute the
dump command and return through http the dumped file.  Once that works
it will be to upload the file to the servlet and execute the restore
command.  The java servlet will have the username and password to the
database for the jdbc connection.

Thanks,
Tim

pgsql-hackers-win32 by date

Next:From: Dave PageDate: 2004-08-25 07:51:25