Re: New website code online?

From: Alexey Borzov <borz_off(at)cs(dot)msu(dot)su>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
Subject: Re: New website code online?
Date: 2004-08-24 09:09:56
Lists: pgsql-www
Hi,

Dave Page wrote:
>>I google'd a bit and clearVariables() seems like a pear
>>function included in HTML/Template/Sigma.php. Are we sure
>>that pear works in wwwdevel?
>
> No idea, but as I said, the php config is the same as Alexey's test
> site, and it's on the same VM so should have the same libs etc. so I
> would expect it to work. If there was an included file that was
> relatively referenced, I would expect php to complain that it couldn't
> find that before colmpalining about a missing function.
>
> If you can figure it out it would be appreciated (or if Alexey's still
> reading, perhaps you can point us in the right direction) - I dunno when
> I'll get to it.

Sorry, Devrim is right and the problem is PEAR-related.

I wasn't able for obvious reasons to change the global PEAR
installation, thus I installed the needed PEAR packages locally, my site
uses this installation, not the system one.

Here is the list, pay attention to versions as well:

Installed packages:
===================
Package                   Version State
Archive_Tar               1.2     stable
Console_Getopt            1.2     stable
HTML_Common               1.2.1   stable
HTML_QuickForm            3.2.3   stable
HTML_QuickForm_Controller 1.0.2   stable
HTML_Template_Sigma       1.1.1   stable
HTTP_Client               1.0.0   stable
HTTP_Request              1.2.2   stable
Log                       1.8.5   stable
Net_Socket                1.0.2   stable
Net_URL                   1.0.14  stable
PEAR                      1.3.1   stable
XML_Parser                1.2.0   stable
XML_RPC                   1.1.0   stable
XML_Serializer            0.9.1   beta
XML_Util                  0.6.1   stable

Also the file PEAR.php is patched, as the stock version has a "memory
leak" and the mirroring script will be unable to process the site.