Re: Unsupported 3rd-party solutions (Was: Few questions

From: Thomas Hallgren <thhal(at)mailblocks(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Unsupported 3rd-party solutions (Was: Few questions
Date: 2004-08-23 20:03:13
Lists: pgsql-general

Bruce Momjian wrote:

>We are not adverse to someone taking the core db code, adding other
>stuff, and making a new super distribution.

Your customers and many of your contributors would really like to see
PostgreSQL become more then just the core backend. A Redhat bundle is
great if your'e a Redhat user. If you are on another platform however,
it's no good to you. And some bundle from "a group of ppl" or "someone"?
No, sorry, that won't cut it either. It's just not the same thing at all.

Regards,

Thomas Hallgren