Re: initdb and postgres both no longer work...

From: Reini Urban <rurban(at)x-ray(dot)at>
To: pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: cygwin(at)cygwin(dot)com
Subject: Re: initdb and postgres both no longer work...
Date: 2004-08-23 11:07:39
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

tsfu(at)graduate(dot)hku(dot)hk schrieb:
> initdb now works.
> Does it mean that we should use cygserver with CYGWIN=server and forget about
> ipc-daemon2 from now on.

BTW:
/usr/share/doc/postgresql-7.4.3/FAQ_MSWIN
still has the wrong docs, talking about ipc-daemon2.
This should be fixed upstream, and in the CYGWIN-PATCH if not.

Attached is the doc patch, which talks about cygserver, replacing
ipc-daemon2, points to /usr/share/doc/Cygwin/postgresql-<VERSION>.README
to avoid duplication, and uses the new default paths
/usr/share/postgresql replacing /var/postgresql/data,
and points to /var/log/postmaster.log

I didn't say anything about locale issues yet, which also changed.
(new --enable-multibyte)
--
Reini Urban
http://xarch.tu-graz.ac.at/home/rurban/