Re: listing triggers

From: Erwin Moller <since_humans_read_this_I_am_spammed_too_much(at)spamyourself(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: listing triggers
Date: 2004-08-19 13:38:07
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Christopher Kings-Lynne wrote:

>> Thanks for your response, but this is what I get:
>>
>> column, Type, and Modifiers
>> +
>> Indexes and foreign key contraints.
>> No triggers.
>
> It lists triggers. Trust me, I wrote it.

(Sorry for late response)
Hi Chris,

You wrote it?!?
Ok, in that case I'll better take your word for it. :-)

This is a perfect chance to compliment you for your contributions to that
great database, so.. Thanks! I love it. It actually always works.

I never realized that there is a difference between triggers created
implicitly and explicitly.

Robert Treat explained also that the reason that I don't see them has to do
with the fact that the triggers were created implicitly (dervied from
references syntax in create table, or alter table add foreign key syntax).

Thanks for your help/explanation. (Robert too!)

Regards,
Erwin Moller (a happy PostgreSQL end-user)