Problem with installing Postgres 8.0 on Mandrake 10

From: Kaloyan Iliev Iliev <news1(at)faith(dot)digsys(dot)bg>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Problem with installing Postgres 8.0 on Mandrake 10
Date: 2004-08-18 17:56:05
Lists: pgsql-novice
Hello,
 I have a little problem. I suppose that this question is stupid but...
When I start the configure it gave me the following error:

checking for shmget in -lcygipc... no
checking for readline... no
configure: error: readline library not found
If you have readline already installed, see config.log for details on the
failure.  It is possible the compiler isn't looking in the proper directory.
Use --without-readline  to disable readline support.

So when I start it with --without-readline it goes all fine but psql
works terrible.
I have postgres 7.4 istalled corectly, so I suppose I have this library.

Any ideas what the problem could be.
 Kaloyan

pgsql-novice by date