PostgreSQL as a DDBMS

From: Rodrigo Bonfa <bonfa(at)inf(dot)ufes(dot)br>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: PostgreSQL as a DDBMS
Date: 2004-08-18 13:30:24
Lists: pgsql-admin
Friends,
I would like to know if PostgreSQL can run as a Distributed Data Base
Management System. Is possible, throught PostgreSQL, to implement
horizontal partition, this is, to fragment tables horizontally?
For example, can I have a Data Base with 1 table, where it is
horizontally fragmented and each fragment is located on different places
(postgresql servers)? See that the Data Base is Unique, but the Data are
distributed throught a horizontal partitioning. How PostgreSQL could
help me to solve this problem?

Thanks,
Rodrigo.

pgsql-admin by date

Next:From: Mitch PirtleDate: 2004-08-18 14:05:17