Re: Database Conversion

From: Carol Walter <walterc(at)indiana(dot)edu>
To: Scott Marlowe <scott(dot)marlowe(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "Hajek, Nick" <Nick(dot)Hajek(at)vishay(dot)com>, pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Database Conversion
Date: 2008-09-04 16:45:50
Lists: pgsql-admin
According to the GA, the database has 1,000,000 rows.  I hesitate to
pass that along because I don't know what that means.  It strikes me
as an odd way to talk about a relational database.  Normally, a
relational database has more than one table, so how is a "database"
having a million rows relevant.  There are other databases in other
research projects, that have main tables that has well more than a
million records, so I don't know if this is considered large or not.

I thank you, all, for your answers.

Carol