Re: pgadmin3 not compliant with gcc-3.4 (?)

From: Andreas Pflug <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>
To: Raphaël Enrici <blacknoz(at)club-internet(dot)fr>
Cc: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>,pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgadmin3 not compliant with gcc-3.4 (?)
Date: 2004-08-15 13:32:45
Lists: pgadmin-hackers
Raphaël Enrici wrote:
> Seems gcc team does not agree...
> They are the ones coming to the conclusion quoted before.
> Can you tell me where I can find the C++ spec they are all talking about
> please ?
AFAIK the original ansi specs are not available without horrible fees, I
hope the link above contains accurate data.

Apparently, the spec *does* specify this brain dead restriction.
We have three alternatives to fix that:
- declare OnChange public. Maybe I should rearrange my knowledge to drop
the 'protected' keyword completely.
- Invent an intermediate class empty class above the current dlgProperty
  without any methods just to create an accessible target.
- deny 3.4 support