Re: data model help, was Re: Using null date fields to indicate

From: Brian Ghidinelli <brian(at)pukkasoft(dot)com>
To: sfpug(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: data model help, was Re: Using null date fields to indicate
Date: 2004-08-15 08:19:30
Lists: sfpug
David Fetter wrote:
> You are <a href="http://fetter.org/optimization.html">optimizing</a>.
> You are optimizing prematurely.  Stop it now.
>
> Here's mine.  Hire somebody to help with your design, and take their
> advice.  You're in way over your head here.

Thanks for the constructive input.

Although I'm no more entitled to help here than anyone else,
condescending attitudes such as yours foster feifdom over community.
It's no surprise to me now why this list has such low traffic.

I hope it doesn't drive people away from Postgres because it is a great
product.  It will, however, drive people away from this mailing list.

Gurgle, gurgle,

Brian