Re: Time to work on Press Release 8.0

From: Jan Wieck <JanWieck(at)Yahoo(dot)com>
To: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Chris Travers <chris(at)travelamericas(dot)com>, josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com, PostgreSQL advocacy <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Time to work on Press Release 8.0
Date: 2004-08-13 16:17:54
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

On 8/13/2004 11:48 AM, Joshua D. Drake wrote:

> Why not something like:
>
> --
> With Release 8.0 PostgreSQL adds another replication solution to
> its arsenal; Slony-I. Along with Mammoth Replicator, DbMirror and
> ErServer you can now choose the best replication solution for your
> enterprise needs.
> --

Because that's incorrect. Slony-I can run on 7.3 and newer, even cross
version ... leading to a completely different angle to look at it.

What about this (the wording needs improvement, but you get the picture):

--
In time for the 8.0 PostgreSQL release, a new replication solution has
become availe. Among many advanced features Slony-I supports replicating

Jan

# Let's break this rule - forgive me. #