Re: Time to work on Press Release 8.0

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Dan Langille <dan(at)langille(dot)org>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Time to work on Press Release 8.0
Date: 2004-08-13 16:06:00
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

>>I am not in favor of mentioning a commercial product in our press
>>release, especially when we have an open source alternative.
>

> In support of Bruce's point, why should we be promoting commercial
> products? That should be left to the commercial entities. Let them spend
> their resources on that.

Because a great deal of the PostgreSQL resources come from commercial
entities. Hub, Command Prompt, Red Hat, SRA, Fujitsu, Afillias ---

Who do you think is sponsoring a great deal of the "enterprise features"
that are coming out, open source to the community?

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

Attachment Content-Type Size
jd.vcf text/x-vcard 640 bytes