Recover old record version

From: Jona <jonanews(at)orioninformationservices(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Recover old record version
Date: 2004-08-11 13:45:47
Lists: pgsql-admin
Hi,
One of our developers has just managed to make an UPDATE on a table
without any WHERE clause to restrict it.
Thus a table with a few thousand records has suddenly become virtual
identical.

Currently no VACUUM has been run on that table (or the database for that
matter) thus it should be possible to recover an old version of the
records, right?
I'm basing my assumption on the documentation which states that PostGre
has better than row-level locking and keeps an old version of each
record until a vacuum occours.

How would I go about recovering one of the old version for all the
records ??

Please advice!

Cheers
Jona

pgsql-admin by date

Next:From: Darren SunleyDate: 2004-08-11 17:02:04