Listing views

From: Olivier Guilyardi <ml(at)xung(dot)org>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Listing views
Date: 2004-08-10 01:14:40
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

I'm trying to list views, eliminating internal ones from the output.
Using 7.2, I found this simple statement :
SELECT viewname FROM pg_views WHERE viewname !~ '^pg_';

It works fine, ignoring 23 pg_* tables. And I get my actual views returned.

But, with 7.4, I get many (about 30) more system views, as table_constraints,
table_privileges, tables, etc... And these do not have any 'pg' prefix.

Do you know of some query that would properly list views, wether it's running
on Postgresql 7.4 or 7.2 and lower ?
--
og