Re: PITR on Win32 - Archive and Restore

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: Christian Klemke <Christian(dot)Klemke(at)t-online(dot)de>
Cc: Merlin Moncure <merlin(dot)moncure(at)rcsonline(dot)com>,markir(at)coretech(dot)co(dot)nz,pgsql-hackers-win32 <pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org>,pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de, dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk
Subject: Re: PITR on Win32 - Archive and Restore
Date: 2004-08-09 13:40:47
Lists: pgsql-hackers-win32
Christian,

what you have not done is to follow the context of the discussion. This
command is a configuration option, and thus executed with a system()
call. We do not have the luxury of hardcoding it available to us.

Note that system() actually calls cmd.exe, so your previous comment
about needing to use cmd /c is also wrong.

cheers

andrew