Re: C++ interface problem with libpq.so.3

From: Kemin Zhou <kemin(dot)zhou(at)ferring(dot)com>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: C++ interface problem with libpq.so.3
Date: 2004-07-29 21:14:34
Lists: pgsql-sql

Tom Lane wrote:

>Kemin Zhou <kemin(dot)zhou(at)ferring(dot)com> writes:
>

>>I have writte a simple program to access PGDB from a C++ program using
>>the libpq++-4.0
>>Most of time it runs perfect. This morning, it was working fine. Then
>>later it stopped working.
>>The symptom is that my program went to asleep.
>>

>Looks to me like it's just waiting for a response from the backend. I'd
>suggest looking into what the backend is doing. I doubt you have an
>"interface" problem at all...
>
> regards, tom lane

I figured out my problem. I gave a BEGIN; command and forgot to type
COMMIT or ROLLBACK.
The access to this table is blocked. So my front end went to sleep
(waiting for ever). Hope this may
be useful to other people.

Kemin

Proprietary or confidential information belonging to Ferring Holding SA or to one of its affiliated companies may be contained in the message. If you are not the addressee indicated in this message (or responsible for the delivery of the message to such person), please do not copy or deliver this message to anyone. In such case, please destroy this message and notify the sender by reply e-mail. Please advise the sender immediately if you or your employer do not consent to e-mail for messages of this kind. Opinions, conclusions and other information in this message represent the opinion of the sender and do not necessarily represent or reflect the views and opinions of Ferring.