postgresql password from .pgpass

From: cipriani(at)Argentina(dot)com
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: postgresql password from .pgpass
Date: 2004-07-26 17:58:53
Lists: pgsql-general

I have a problem connecting to the database.I'm trying to execute pg_dump
command from a user's $HOME (Linux User).
which have a .pgpass.
The .pgpass is like this and his permissions are 600 and belongs to a Linux
User.

localhost:5432:databasename:databaseuser:databaseuser

The command iam executing is $/var/lib/pgsql/bin/pg_dump -U databaseuser
databasename >database.sql
The password's user is plain in the database, put when you try to connect
with this command always require a password

the pg_hba.conf is like this and his permissions are 622 and belongs to
the postgres user.

# TYPE DATABASE USER IP-ADDRESS IP-MASK METHOD

local all all
password
host all all 127.0.0.1 255.255.255.255
password
host all all 192.168.0.0 255.255.0.0
password

Please Help me for more details mail me to:

cipriani(at)argentina(dot)com

---
E-mail y acceso a Internet UltraVeloz totalmente GRATIS en 25 ciudades,
Nro. de acceso 5500-5500 Usuario: Argentina Password: Argentina
http://www.Argentina.com