Re: Invalid User ID: 0

From: Carlo Florendo <list-subscriber(at)hq(dot)astra(dot)ph>
To: Howard Bagcat <howard(at)mu(dot)edu(dot)ph>
Cc: pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Invalid User ID: 0
Date: 2004-07-26 05:26:04
Lists: pgsql-cygwin
Howard Bagcat wrote:

>Anyone,
>
>I am troubled on logging on to my postgresql running under Cygwin. Postmaster says, "Fatal: Invalid User ID 0" after connecting. I
>know for sure that the username that I am using to log is existing. Thinking that having a new user will solve the problem, I
>tried creating a new user but same error was displayed. I tried working on psql in the hope that I can connect to postgresql but
>the same has occured.

Please give the details of the exact command you're running.

In any case, you might try to connect as user postgres.

psql -d template1 -U postgres

If you're able to  connect to the psql shell, try checking the users
catalog via:

select * from pg_user;

Then, you can check whether the user you're referring to actually exists.

Thanks!

Best Regards,

Carlo
------