Re: autovauum integration patch: Attempt #4

From: "Matthew T(dot) O'Connor" <matthew(at)zeut(dot)net>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: PostgreSQL Patches <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: autovauum integration patch: Attempt #4
Date: 2004-07-24 01:58:06
Lists: pgsql-patches
Peter Eisentraut wrote:

> Matthew T. O'Connor wrote:
>
>>As before, to apply this patch:
>>1) Move pg_autovacuum.c and .h get from contrib to
>>src/backend/postmaster and src/include/postmaster respectively.
>
> Trivial comment: maybe we can drop the pg_ prefix on the file names.

Ok, that's not a problem.  Bruce would you like me to submit another
patch that makes this change, or will you make the change when you apply
the patch?

>>2) Place the attached pg_autovacuum.h in src/include/catelog/
>
> I'm not sure whether we can allow int8 columns in system tables, for
> portability reasons.

Someone will have to tell me if this is really a problem, I have no
idea.  I'm using using int8 since one could set a threshold to a number
greater than 4 million.  I could probably change it to use a float
value.  Comments?