JDBC memory usage

From: Bill Schneider <bschneider(at)vecna(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: JDBC memory usage
Date: 2004-07-23 18:20:07
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Hello,

I noticed that I keep running out of memory when trying to run a query
that returns 100,000 rows or so.

Searching the archives, it seems that the JDBC driver reads the entire
ResultSet into memory at once rather than using cursors. This is
definitely not the desired behavior for this particular query.

Has this been fixed recently? I'm using PostgreSQL 7.3.4 with the
corresponding JDBC driver.

Thanks!

-- Bill
--