postgresql as windows 2000 service problem

From: kranas(at)freemail(dot)gr
To: pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: postgresql as windows 2000 service problem
Date: 2004-07-15 09:12:47
Lists: pgsql-hackers-win32
Ok the exact message in event log is (I will try
to translate from greece to english assuming
you dont know to read greek :))

"It is not possible to find the description for the
event id ( 0 ) to source (PostgreSQL) . The local computer
may not have the necesary registry informations or
the DLL message files for the display of messages from a
remote compu Unable to find exe."

My path is

C:\Inprise\vbroker\bin;C:\PROGRA~1\Borland\CBUILD~1\Bin;C:\PROGRA~1\Borland\CBUILD~1\Projects\Bpl;%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem;C:\POSTGRES\BIN;C:\POSTGRES\LIB

I set the path as follows:
right click to my computer (as administrator)
select properties
going to the "for advanced" tab
going to environment variables
goind to second window titled "system variables"
findind from the list variable PATH
double click it
and add bin and lib folders

The same steps I have done for windows xp

user postrges has full control over c:\postgres, subfolders and files...

I also downloaded the source snapshot from 14/7/2004 compiled
and installed. Exactly the same things. Initdb run fine
but service gives me the same error message.

I also have to say that I started with a fresh installation
of windows 2000 (format and install). After I only applied the
patches from microsoft.

pgsql-hackers-win32 by date

Next:From: Harald MassaDate: 2004-07-15 11:10:53