initdb crash

From: kranas(at)freemail(dot)gr
To: pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: initdb crash
Date: 2004-07-09 15:57:13
Lists: pgsql-hackers-win32
I have the same problem with initdb
I have downloaded then binary snapshot 9/7/2004
created a user postgres with no admin rights
add to user postgres logon as a service

As user postgres, unziped the binary to c:\postgres
I have added PGDATA env variable and I have added to
my path c:\postgres\bin and c:\postgres\lib

Try to run initdb -L "c:/postgres/share"
and I got the same error message: child process terminated ....
but with error code 99. Also windows pops a message with process terminated etc etc.

I didn't had those problems with previous binary snapshots
when I was able to run postgres as administrator.

I also tried to download source and compile with mingsys/mingw
I have done ./configure --without-zlib
but at the end of the config process I got an error about
some symlinks which were unable to create.

Any help...

pgsql-hackers-win32 by date

Next:From: Gary DoadesDate: 2004-07-09 18:47:42