cygwin installation problem (windows platform)

From: "Harry" <xghuang(at)cs(dot)aau(dot)dk>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: cygwin installation problem (windows platform)
Date: 2004-06-16 13:00:07
Lists: pgsql-admin
Hi all,
   I install cygwin in my windows2000 so as to install postgresql. When I
use the postgresql installed together with cygwin, I came into this problem:
   First, I run
      ipc-daemon2 &
   Second, when I try to initialize the database by running the following
command,
      initdb -D /usr/local/pgsql/data
   I got some problem, here are the output
.....(the above step is OK)
creating configuration files... ok
creating template1 database in /usr/local/pgsql/data/base/1... Signal 12
initdb: failed
   I download the source code of postgresql (7.4.2) and compile it under the
cygwin and run the above again. The same problem happens. Here are the
output after running initdb.
........( The above is OK)
   creating configuration files... ok
creating template1 database in /usr/local/pgsql/data/base/1... FATAL:
semctl(35
, 16, SETVAL, 536) failed: Invalid argument
initdb: failed

  What shall I do with this problem?

Thanks
Harry