Re: Borland c++ compile problems...

From: Steve Holdoway <steve(at)treshna(dot)com>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Borland c++ compile problems...
Date: 2004-07-21 22:35:38
Lists: pgsql-hackers-win32 pgsql-patches

Bruce Momjian wrote:

>Steve Holdoway wrote:
>

>>Sorry to be a pest, and all that. However, it looks like make needs to
>>be run in src\port, to create pg_config_paths.h, and compile stuff to
>>resolve externals _set_noblock, _pg_strcasecmp, _pg_tolower, and _popen
>>(? bit worried about that one!)
>>
>>I had a go at rewriting an existing bcc32.mak, but just seemed to
>>generate more errors!
>>

>Uh, I don't see how those would fail. What errors are you seeing?

Well, in the port subdirectory, one of the things that is generated by
the makefile is pg_config_paths.h. Without this, libpq will not compile.
As I stated above, cobbling this together manually then gets me to the
place where the aforementioned external references are not resolved. All
are in source files in the port directory.

The errors I'm seeing are all caused by includes not being found, etc. I
don't know what to do when they are ones like strings.h, which I do not
have either in the snapshot source tree, or in the Borland bcc 5.5 tree.

I also don't know how you want the above files building... into a
library, static or dynamic/straight object code, etc. There is also no
listing in the current bcc32.mak files to include them into the libpq
dll generation.